Saturday, August 4, 2012

What I've been up to

We did not have a summer camp this year because I was working on a special "bucket list" project. I started training in late March for an attempt to summit Mt. Rainier in Washington state in mid July. Mt. Rainier is one of the highest mountains in the continental United States. This training took up much of my time and was very intense. I am proud to announce that I was successful. I started my climb on July 12 and reached the summit at 14,410 feet above sea level on July 14 just after sunrise. We then descended on the same day. I was accompanied by my friend and ex wrestler, Dennis Angeline (PVI 1980)who organized the trip,his friend Barrett Johnston, and my brother-in-law Nick Mazziotto. The experience was a once in a lifetime (maybe). In any event, it's back to wrestling and TopCat Fall - at least until the next big adventure. Coach Papa